Friday 4 February 2011

Week 5 Challenge - With Hearts

It's Friday so time for another Polkadoodle challenge! This week I (Ruth) am your hostess and my challenge to you is to create a project with Hearts! If you are stuck for inspiration, just look below at what the Design Team have created - bet you didn't realise there were so many ways to use hearts!

Did you see Nikky on telly last weekend? Great samples from the Design Team and shows just how versatile her latest cd Paper Boutique Vol 3 is (my personal favourite is the Cupcake!) Oh, if you are in or near Skipton, North Yorkshire next Saturday 12 February, Nikky is demonstrating at Embsay Crafts between 11am and 4pm. You never know, you just may see some of her Design Team there!!

Anyway, we have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off

Onto the top three from week 3 challenge which was There's No Place Like Home

First Place: Annette
Second Place: Claire
Third Place: Piali

Congratulations! Please email Nikky and put your place number and challenge details in the subject header.

Ruth: I just cannot resist the wonderful cupcake from Paper Boutique Vol 3 - and my youngest keeps telling me to make more as he thinks they look great! I've simply layered up all the different elements with foam pads, added some ribbon sent to me by Jenny, hand wrote the sentiment, then punched some hearts, coloured with Promarkers and liberally glittered them!




Fliss: I've used the gorgeous hearts from the Love and Cherish CD for my elegant pink and grey card and cut out the hearts inside the lines as I wanted to dress them up a bit. I embossed the 2 grey hearts with a Cuttlebug folder and wet embossed the smallest pink one with crystal embossing powder for some bling. The other hearts were stamped with some of the lovely flourish designs from the Daisy Doodles stamp set and embossed with silver powder. I used some of the elegant grey papers from the CD and a greeting from the stamp set.


Lou: I have no printer at the moment so relished a bit of a stamping fest! The colours came about because I managed to find some paper left over from a previous project (Back to Nature CD). I have stamped one of the NEW house stamps and coloured with Promarkers. Added a flower and wire twirls with a few glittered heart beads.


Saskia - Love is in the air! I made this card with a template and papers from the All Around and Everywhere cd-rom! Isn't it cute?
javascript:void(0)

D'Anne - My card set is card 'Heart Strings.' The card box holds a set of four - 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 cards which were created using the Black Polka Dotted frame from the All Around and Everywhere CD as well as, the Summer Papers and Stampies from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I embellished with ribbon and a rhinestone heart. The center of the box holds two chocolate hearts to enjoy later.

Claire I have used Paper boutique Vol 1 again this week for my card. I decide to add a holographic background with the birthday girls name. I have layered up the image for depth. Added glossy accents to the hearts, Stickles to the icing and some sticky gems to cake. Secured the card with some wool and a felt heart!


Audrey For this card I decided to use my Cricut along with the Love and Cherish CD. I thought that the bird looked so cute with the paper from the CD. I did some inking on the edges of everything and added some 3D dots for dimension. I used some heart brads on the bottom of the card and topped it of with a little pink ribbon from my stash.



Colette - I used Paper Boutique Vol III for the elephants, and paper from Love and Cherish for the heart shaped background, I added eyelashes and a bow to one of the elephants and acetate and punched hearts to give the effect of them spraying hearts from their trunks.


Lis-m: I have used shades of pink today. The background paper is from Love and cherish as are the larger dots, the smaller pinker dots are from Sundae of Seasons. I have used Babsie from the flutterfly Fairy stamp range, coloured her in with Promarkers and given her a string of hearts to hold.



Miria This is a quick project you can give to your loved one with a gift. I used the seed template, the paper and the oval from Sundae of Seasons, I wrote the sentiment, the ribbon and charm are from my stash.I punched some small hearts to simulate the "seeds".




Emma Hi there, a very simple card again - I used Kraft paper for the background then cut a heart shape from the red gingham paper on the Sundae of Seasons CD, faux stitched it then adding some of the lovely buttons from the same cd, finally added a doodled swing tag - easy peasy!


Tracie: I used the gorgeous Gracie Flutterby stamp, coloured with promarkers and cut with a scallop punch. I added some hearts from Sundae of Seasons and a sentiment on promarkered card.


Good luck with the challenge - you have until Sunday 13 February to enter at 12noon GMT!

******


7 comments:

  1. awwww.... all the DT's work are simple sweethearts!! *lol* Just had to write that...
    I'm off to play in my craftingroom...with hearts...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every DT's proejct are adorable! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...so wunderful DT-projects...you can see my entry here:

    http://schnutiskreativeseite.blogspot.com/2011/02/kw-6-2011.html

    ILONA aka schnuti

    http://schnutiskreativeseite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it's o.k. to join in the challenge as I haven't used any Polka Doodles products(despite being a big fan), but as my blog is about budget papercrafting I don't allow myself to use any of my proper cardmaking stash!!
    Thanks for the fun and inspiration, if my entry doesn't qualify it doesn't matter I just love an excuse to create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great challenge. Hope the link is okay this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!