Friday 10 February 2012

Week 6 - Quick & Simple Valentines Card with FREE digi!

Hello, it's Friday again! Before we start this week we have some great news! We've had a few teamies who've had to wave bye bye to us in the last few weeks so we have asked some of our previous Guest Designers to join us here on the team - we loved their work when they joined us at the end of last year! So we are really excited to welcome NJ, Lisa and Claire to our happy team, we can't wait to see what these great bloggers bring for us!

Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from challenge 4 which was to use a template in your projects.


1st place - Lisa Jane2nd place - Pauline3rd place - Eva
Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and blinkies - the first placed winner receives fee download! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number.  
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

So, on to this week's challenge with Norine and the design team!! It's getting close to Valentine's day but you still have time to make some last minute quick and easy Love day cards to give your nearest and dearest! Here are some fabulous samples to inspire the love and get you started and we are giving you this fab digistamp you can use for the challenge - you MUST use the digi to enter the challenge!
Just right click to save the image:

Norine: I made this card using the little girl from Pretty Sweet CD, the heart from Sundae of Seasons and the patterned paper from Pretty Tuff. I kept it simple with a Spellbinders die cut, a Martha Stewart punch for the paper lace and some ribbon. The little Prima flower is added to her hair for a little spot of cuteness! I did use Photoshop to merge the heart behind the girl and add the sentiment, but now I can print off dozens for fast and easy Valentine's day greetings!
Emma, hello there, well I made a simple card with a vintage feel. I used the Punch all over the Page by Martha Stewart, some gorgeous rtose stem backing paper from Polkadoodles Pretty Sweet CDRom, I made the vintage finish with Distress Inks, Adirondack paint dabber and some Distress Stickles. The centre hearts were cut freehand and I finished the look off with some Liquid Pearls.
Nelly; For my Quick and Simple Valentines card I've used an image from the Love and Cherish cd, printed a few straight onto Linen A4 card stock and scored in half, added a little sparkle using Wink Of Stella Glitter pens, I added satin ribbon from my stash and Doodle Dew Drops in Pink, Cute Valentines cards in minutes!.
Shell- For my quick valentines card, I went for a white on white card, the image is off the Sugar Birdies CD and was coloured using copics. I embossed some cardstock using my cuttlebug and folders and the flowers were made using a Marianne design die..
Lou: I have used the "All around and everywhere"CD for my papers and printed the background paper directly onto my card blank. A bit of layering using different Nesties, Mariane Creatable and Nellie dies. The chipboad hearts are cut by hand and covered with the same papers. The border has been cut in felt finished with a simple black ribbon.
Shary for my quick and simple Valentines card I have used a template from the Paper Boutique CD called Buster. I printed him out and added some glossy accents to his eyes and nose. For the coat and bow I used papers from the Sugar Birdies CD and inked around them with black ink. I then added a little ribbon and a decorative border. There - quick and simple!

NJ. My quick valentine card is made using the sugar birdies cd. You can see how I made it over on my blog.
Joni: Supplies: Digi, Sundae of Seasons CD. For my quick and easy card I colored in the Valentine digi and printed papers from the CD I die cut the hearts and added some bling.
Diane When I saw the challenge for a quick and simple Valentine card, I knew I couldn't print anything out for colouring because my colouring definitely isn't quick! These lovely images are from the .Love and Cherish and Double Sprinkle of Kraft CDs.


Carol - I used the winter section from Sundae of Seasons CD and added these yummy red polkadots to co-ordinate it.
Claire - I used the Sundae of Seasons CD for my card. I dropped the Jam Jar Image and Empty Jar image into my graphics program and merged the two. I added some text to the label of the jar and then placed multiple copies of the black and white heart image from the cd into the jar before digitally colouring them. I then printed out the image three times, cut and layered it up and then mounted it onto cardstock. To finish I doodled the line and stitches and added some Stickles and Glossy Accents.

So there you go, our inspiration for this week! So make sure you get your entries in by noon (GMT) on Sunday 19th Feb to be in with a chance of winning!
***



10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Awesome cards. Kids will really love these cards.

    Valentines Day Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ive really enjoyed using the digi to make my card., I hope a lot of other crafters do too! x ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLAINT CARDS THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION. I love the digi stamp thanks so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Linky Following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, thanks so much for this digi and so much inspiration, I've made my card but unable to link up..you can see it here Thanks Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inpiration projects! Thanks for the digi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for placing my card in 2nd place for Challenge 4, I really enjoyed making it. Thank you for the great challenges you keep providing.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. really enjoyed making my card for week 6 challenge.. just wish i could work computers better.. as the pic displayed is wrong and it wont let me delete it and put up the correct image.. what a numpty eh :-/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicky,
    Thanks for a chance to enter. I have been MIA so I am so happy to get to enter. I love the CD's and hope to order some. I have one and love it....Good Luck to everyone and thanks again for the challenge.
    E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com
    Hopefully 6 will be the lucky number........Have followed your blog for sometime now and love it...............

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge again and lovely inspiration from the DT. The blog background is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!