Friday 29 March 2013

Week 13 - Paper Piecing

 Good morning folks, Happy Easter to you all and hoping that you get lots of lovely choccies but make sure you don't eat too many at once!

Before we get to our winners and the challenge details, we have some great news for you. Our Nikky has been hard at work designing and has a brand new mini CD now available. It's called Fredericka and is chock full of gorgeous new digis and lots of fabulous papers and embellies. There is also an exclusive paper pack free with the Cd at the moment so don't delay! There's a sneak peek pic below and you can find it HERE in the online shop. The Design Team have been playing with the new images so there might be a few creations coming up very soon!


Now for the winners from the Week 11 Easter Challenge - there were loads of fabulous entries which made it very hard for the DT but there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Zoe M  - you win a Sugarplum Daisy CD and please use the code PD1W1311 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Dewi Lestari  - you win a Download and please use the code PD2W1311
3rd Place - Stella  - you also win a Download and please use the code PD3W1311

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


This week's challenge is to make a project using Paper Piecing and as you'll see, the Design Team have created some fabulous inspiration for you.


Asha - This card is a response to a blog buddy who said that Polka Doodles papers are too whimsical for simple, grown-up cards. She couldn't be further from the truth! I made this with papers exclusively from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD. The butterfly and greeting are from the Gracie Fairy Flutterfly rubber stamp set. I paper-pieced the butterfly, added some bling and we have a simple (almost CAS) card, perfect for any adult.


Fliss - I've made a rather girly card with the gorgeous vintage lady digi stamp from the All Sewn Up Collection on the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD. I paper pieced her frock with the pretty deep rose paper from the Pretty Sweet CD which is where the grungy rose background paper came from too. I coloured the unpieced areas with watercolour pencils. I added a Marianne Design doily and roses from the Sugarplum Daisy CD layered up to finish.


Astrid - I have made girly tag with this lovely girl from the CD All Around & Everywhere
I paper pieced her skirt from this CD and also her jumper. The rest is coloured with copic markers.
The flowers are also from the same CD.
I distressed the paper with the Tim Holtz distresser, behind the image I added blue cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder with little birds. Some pearls from my stash.


Karon - For my card I used papers from the Sundae of the Seasons and Cherryblossom Lane CD's.  My image is one of the Fairy Flutterfly stamps, this one is called Meeshelle.  I have paper pieced her top, trousers, bag and the little flower in her hair.  She was coloured with alcohol markers.  A sallsentiment and ribbon flower finish her off.


Sally - This is my first paper piecing card I have ever made and loved making it. I used papers from my crafty stash to paper piece my image and for my background. The stamps are from the Pen & Paper Circle No. 5. Also the image is coloured using my Promarkers. I cut out a frame for my little lad using a Spellbinders die. Cute eh?

 

Miria I made a small card using an insert from cd Cherryblossom Lane , I think it was a perfect background for this cute bunny from Emma Canning . I paperpieced  it with a paper from the same cd The sentiment is from cd Candy Doodles Collectors edition . I just added some pearls.



Alethea - I decided to make a card with a different fold today just for a change! And I used some new stamps I got from Polka Doodles - Meeshelle from the Fairy Flutterfly Rubber Stamp Set and Maxine from the Fairy Flutterfly Rubber Stamp set. The papers are from my scrap stash and I found the perfect stamp sentiment in my collection for these two fab girls!!! I then added these fabulous dew drops that finished off the card perfectly!!


Patty - I decided to make a CAS card for a friend on her Anniversary! And I used some new stamps I got from Polka Doodles Federicka- and also use the sentiment from the Rubber Stamps set i got from Polka Doodles - Stamp Doodles. The papers are from my scrap stash and I found there perfect from the card  I then added these fabulous the Ribbon and few half pearl to finished off the card !!


How's that for some fabulous inspiration! You have until 12 noon GMT on Sunday 7 April to enter and good luck!

...........................................................................


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations and well done to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects from everyone,t hanks for the inspiratione ach week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration from the team! I love paper piecing...thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DT inspiration and a fab challenge - thank you hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome challenge and super awesome DT creations.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great challenge ladies.Had a fab time paper piecing.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!