Friday 5 July 2013

Week 27 - Make Your Own Background

 Hello and welcome to a new challenge at Polka Doodles!

Before we go onto this week's challenge we need to announce the top three from Week 25 Challenge which was to create a Summer Birthday Card.  Some really fabulous creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Wendy F - you win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2725 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Kate T - you also win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2725 to claim your prize
3rd Place - Debbie Johns - you also win a Download Bundle - please use the code PD1W2725 to claim your prize
 

Congratulations to you all. Please all email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winner's code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

 

Now for our challenge for this week and the theme chosen by moi, your DIY fanatic Fliss, is to:



  Make Your Own Background

So it's time to dig out those stamps, inks, embossing folders and so on and you only need to look at the fabulously inventive DT samples for some inspiration if you're stuck, or even if you're not!
We have some fantastic prizes this week too:
1st Prize is a £10 voucher to spend on the Polkadoodles website, 2nd prize is a Download Bundle and 3rd prize is a Download.
Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 14 July at 12noon GMT!

Fliss - I'm sure you can imagine how much I enjoyed this one and later on today you'll find a tutorial on how I made my background using inks and stamps. I've used the gorgeous debutante image from the Fredericka CD and I paper pieced her frock by printing the image out on to gold velvet paper - I wasn't sure about putting this through the printer but it was fine. The sentiment comes from the CD too.


Sally - Hi for this week's challenge it is "Make your own background" - So I thought how perfect  would it be to use one of the lovely owls on the new Bonbon Belles CD Rom with one of the pretty floral frames. I printed and cut out the image and the frame. I put a piece of cream cardstock through my embossing machine using a wood effect embossing folder.  I then cut to size and used my Pan Pastels over the impression. Matted it on brown and green cardstock and adhered it to the card blank.
I then 3D the frame using my Pinflair gel and popped the little owl behind it. I added some flowers and bling to her headdress and a sentiment.


Bev here, I thoroughly enjoyed making my own background for this card. I used one of the tiny stamps from the Neighbours Stamp range stamped all over my card blank then ran it through an embossing folder and inked the edges. I printed off one of the beautiful images from Candy Doodles CD Rom. cut it out using a scalloped edge die matted it onto a contrasting colour and added a ribbon. The flowers were printed from Candy Doodles CD Rom they were coloured in with alcohol markers to match the image.


Alethea -  I decided to make a boys card for this challenge cos they are cards I am always short of! So I went straight to the Pretty Tuff CD Rom. I designed my own background paper using the ipod image, then printed it out on vellum. I stuck that onto a red cs base... I then cut out a small blue rectangle and rounded the corners and added a black strip for the image to sit on! I then just added some buttons and the sentiment which is also from the Pretty Tuff CD Rom.


Asha - I made a girly card using an image from the BonBon Belles Double CD. For my background I adhered several of the floral elements from this delicious CD and for added sparkle I threw some bling. The sentiment, also from the CD, is perched on a pop-dot.  


Karon - Hmmm!  make your own background eh!  I decided to get some inks and a small butterfly stamp.  I first inked up the background in three shades of ink, that complimented the image; then stamped around the paper with the little butterfly stamp.  The striped paper and the image, Heather - coloured with my alcohol markers - are from the new Bonbon Belles CD.  The sentiment is from the Fairy Flutterfly - Gracie - set.


Claire C. I love to make my own backgrounds so this challenge was right up my street. I decided to alter a mirror and got to work with various acrylic paints and created a messy background. I used images and paper from Pretty Tuff and  added some torn scraps of backing paper with Maimeri gloss gel medium. I coloured the images with Graph'it Markers and added them with gloss medium too. I raided the scrabble for some tiles to add the wording lol

I love making my own backgrounds! I made my sky using Pan Pastels and coloured the grass with my Graph'It markers - so easy and quick! This image is from our new Bonbon Belles collection...


Lidia And for this Challenge I made my background with Studio 12 Stamps I colored my Background with acquarelles and the House is made with the paper piecing technique. Finally I added some glitter in the trees and the little hearts I hope you enjoy making your own background.



You have until 12 noon on Sunday 14 July to enter and good luck!

.............................................................................

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards girls, lots of inspiration for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards Ladies...I love much the one with a young boy...very cool...thanks for the challenge...I love making my own background Paper... since in Germany not so easy to get paper what we like LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks so much for picking my card in your top 3...off to email you now.
    Fabulous DT creations again this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fun challenge and the great DT work for added inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to get back into challenges again - love the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a great challenge and congrats to the DT for their awesome inspiration. Hugs Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another fab challenge and for sharing such beautiful and diverse DT creations with us! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!