Friday 27 February 2015

Week 9 - Ribbons and Lace - Polkadoodles Challenge

Happy Friday Everyone!
We have a great new fun thing going on each week in the Polka Doodle Dandies facebook group - you have the chance each week to win a prize by voting on your favourite make from the Design team! 
We thought that as we judge you guys each week it would be fun to let YOU judge us! You can take part just by joining the group and adding your vote - we'll choose a random winner every week to win a free digi prize so well worth having a go!

And don't forget to go and 
enter our Digi Choosday challenge 
too which you can find HERE!! More chances of fab prizes! 

Firstly - we have a great SPECIAL CODE for you this week, specially for our lovely Bloggers!
Use code W9PDB15 at the checkout and you will receive 15% discount to the Digiworld Store until this Sunday! Whoop Whoop!! Great deal and opportunity to grab something lovely!! 

On to our new Challenge this week which is 
Ribbons and Lace
You have until 12 noon, GMT, Friday 13th March to enter.You don't have to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges....The rules are in the side bar over there ----->

The Random Winner of this challenge will receive a download of the Love and Kisses Collection which includes 16, YES, 16!!! Digital stamps, whoop whoop!! Well worth entering for this one so make sure you don't miss it!!

SO, lets see what the Design Team have for you this week...

Anjie - My make started out life as a plain MDF tag that I got at a craft show last year. To start with I painted over it all with white gesso to give it a base. I then covered it in paper from the Dollie Daydream Goes East Collection. I then added some faux stitching around the edges and then painted over it with Iridescent Paste to give it some shimmer. I then coloured an image from the Candy Doodles Collectors Edition CD using my Graph'It Markers. I added a flower from the Dollie Goes East CD and some lace and ribbon from  my stash.

Naz - I used Work & Play Collection 9 - Love and Kisses for my creation. The papers I have used are also from the same collection. I cut the papers and used Tim Holtz Distress Ink called Frayed burlap on the edge of them.  The image I have used is from the same collection called Over the Threshold Couple and coloured it with my watercolour pencils, I also added some glitter using a glitter pen to the girl's hair.  I used some ribbon lace on both sides of the card and added a bow and some flowers to embellish the card. The sentiments I have used on my card are also from the same collection.

Yvonne -  Hello there! Well I LOVE ribbon and I LOVE lace so I LOVED this challenge! I opted for the beautful Fredericka Debutante image off of the Fredericka Mini Collection or you can get the digi image here.  The papers I used are from the Rose Budd Collection, which you can get as a digi download or as a CD-Rom.  I embossed the backing paper and edged with Distress Ink. I coloured Fredericka with my Graph'It Markers, a range of which you can find here.  The ribbon flower and lace are from my stash.


Anita - hi there today I had fun with this challenge ribbon and lace I chose to use the cherryblossom lane collection I have to say I was so in love them all such cute images with stunning backing papers to match, I coloured this sweet little bunny with alcohol markers and had loads of fun on the folds.






Jenny -Here we go with another fun challenge and I've used a couple of collections to make this card.
For the papers I've used W&P9 and for the huge 70 I've used Winston, hope you can join us and pop over to my blog and see how I did it.

Claire C I just can't stop colouring the gorgeous Octavia! This image is called 'Octavia Bird in the Hand' and of course I've coloured her with my beloved Graph'It Markers


Wendy - Yay, lace & ribbon, my favourite embellies! I've used the pre-coloured Princess Bride from the Work & Play 9 'Love & Kisses' Collection, you can also get her as a Digi on her own here. The flowery backing paper is also from this collection.

Bev. The minute I saw the title for this weeks challenge I knew exactly what collection I would be using, Rose Budd all the papers, sentiment and flowers are in the collection, for me it just oozes romance and that era is all about lace & ribbon. I coloured the digi with my Graph'it Markers. The flowers are printed onto canvas paper and layered up & I used the lush ivy cutting file and glittered it up to add that bit of sparkle!

Susan - I just love anything that includes ribbon and Lace ,so I just love this weeks challenge
 I have used papers , embellishments and characters from the New collection Work & Play 9
Love and Kisses also available as download .If you pop over to my blog you will see the inside of my card as it unfolds.

Ria - Ribbons and Lace are my favourite embellishments so that means PARTY on my card with  Party Emily she is coloured with alcohol markers and enhanced with pencils. The papers are from the gorgeouss Work and play 9 collection. And the beautifull flourish is cut with my Silhouette Cameo and this is the Flourish 2 cuttingfile from Polkadoodles.





Hi From Jane - Better Later Then ever!!! Adding a bit of inspiration for all
my creation has been coloured with Copics my favourite choice of Medium..
 I have used a selection of files from W&P 9 


Looking forward to seeing your amazing work...

What gorgeous makes this week - so much variety from everyone and some really fun ideas!!

Our All things Kraft challenge winners will be announced next Friday - we look forward to seeing your lovely entries for this challenge! See you next week!



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!