Friday 18 September 2015

Week 38 - Crafting Challenge at Polkadoodles - Shabby Chic

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------


Hello everyone.  Happy Friday!

So here we are into Week 2 of our Shabby Chic Challenge,
lots of inspiration to share with you from the Design Team.
However, before we do that we have another new release to announce.

With Halloween and Fall fast approaching, Nikky has been at it again.

There are some amazing Halloween Bundles and Fall Bundles

HERE

 Also some fabulous digital images for you to download and colour too.





You have to go check them out, they are spoookkylicious!

The Winner and Top 3 of our Things with Wings challenge
are at the end of this post.

Now let's see what the Design Team have for you.

Asha - For my Shabby Chic card I picked up an old favourite of mine: PickNix 1 All Sewn Up. The papers, sentiment and digi embellishments are from the from this set. To finish my card I used flowers, pearls, lace and some ribbon from my stash.


Scatty Jan - For my Shabby Chic project I have used one of the scrummy cut files and used the Teapot template for my card - The papers and flowers are from The Rose Budd collection, just added some lace and bling to finish.


Penny - using the wonderful papers from the Nordic Winter Picknix 3 collection.   I traced the flowers from the kit and cut on plain papers to make the layered flower and added some stitching and gold embossing with stencilling for some added detail.     I even pulled out my distressing machine and made some noise on those card edges and added distress ink to all my edges and little pearls hidden around the card.


Karon - I couldn't resist using the fabulous Rose Budd Collection for my Shabby Chic card this week. I have made a book card.  For the outside, I used the pre-coloured image of  Miss Constance, and have layered her up to add some dimension. (She is also available as a clear stamp, if you wish HERE.) For the inside I added a verse, and all the papers are from this amazing collection.  A little bit of lace from my stash to finish it off.  I did a second photo to show you the inside :-)



Aunty Sue - Well for my Shabby Chic Project which I had to look up the definition for. I have done a little mini album/Tag book. I idea is that you write on the tags or add little pictures if you want. I havent used a image but used papers and elements for each of the pages from 2 cds- Rose Budd collection  available here and one of my favorites Twiggy & Toots available Here. I have added Lace and Ribbons and gems from my stash. Each page has different elements and will all be on my blog .The Pages Bases have actually been made from Toilet Rolls. I do hope you like it as much as I have enjoyed making.


One of the inside pages

Such wonderful Design Team inspiration, don't forget to check out their blogs.

Now lets announce our winner (as chosen by Random Org)

#5 - divinity
You have won a $10 gift certificate to the Polkadoodles Download store.
Please contact us HERE and quote PD38001wk35 to claim your prize.

Our Top 3 as chosen by the Design Team are ...

#2 - Ane Lene
#40 -  Julie Gleeson

Congratulations to everyone, don't forget your blinkies in the side bar,
and thank you to everyone that takes part in our challenges.

Now you still have until Friday 25th Sept, to enter our current challenge

SHABBY CHIC

and you can enter


Good luck everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!